Friday, November 5, 2010

Project Team Ewan is HERE!

I am so thrilled to be a part of Team Ewan.  Last year, I put out a call for new magazine staff at ScrapStreet and had a wonderful response.  Some talented and amazing women applied, but one drew me immediately.  Her blog was so adorable and full of life.  I admit it.  I had a girl crush.  I just knew we could be friends--how could anyone not be friends with Melissa?  

By the end of the summer, I was picking her up at the airport to stay with a bunch of us other "cyberfriends" for CHA week.  I did not want to give her back!  She is two hoots and a half and that was before we gave her some special punch.  Melissa's spirit fills a room and touches everyone making each of us feel better than we did moments before.  It is her gift and her blessing.

When Melissa shared that one of her friends was struggling with bad news in her pregnancy, my heart broke.  As a mother, I can not imagine anything else worse in this world.  I have watched my own mom struggle with the loss of her adult son and cannot comprehend losing a baby within moments of meeting him.  I wished that I could sit and hold Melissa's hand to replenish the strength that she was giving to her friends.  Instead, I listened and prayed.  Sadly for those of us on Earth, Ewan headed to heaven after too short of a time in the arms of his family.  

Melissa put together an amazing tribute to Ewan and an opportunity for us to raise money to help Seattle Children's Hospital help others.  I contributed a template class and a set of the photo templates that I use over and over in my personal scrapping.  They provide a fast and easy way to drop your photos into strips and blocks before printing.  All of the work is done for you.  I use them constantly so that I can get to the fun part of playing with my supplies.  I hope you enjoy them.  

The rest of my blog today is a direct copy from Melissa's blog The Profound Brunette. She says it all more profoundly than I ever could.  I urge all of you to join us in this cause!

Project Team Ewan is HERE!


It is with GREAT excitement that I announce Project Team Ewan is ready for sale!  For more information on how to obtain a copy of your Project Team Ewan Class Package, click here.  This takes you to the page on blog.  For future reference, there is and will always be a tab at the top of my blog. 

I am so excited for this fundraiser because 100% of the money raised is going directly to Seattle Children's Hospital and research that will help further care for children who have congenital heart defects.  The reason why this fundraiser is called Project Team Ewan is because of Ewan himself.  My dear friend and former roommate Kirsten and her husband James found out early on in their pregnancy that Ewan had some serious heart issues.  They knew that God had given Ewan to the world for a reason and chose to go on this adventure of heart ache, joy, sorrow, grief, grace, growth and, ultimately, watching lives change.

Kirsten is a very gifted writer and has put into much better words than I ever could, the journey that she and James have been on.  She is very transparent in how she has processed learning of Ewan's condition, the birth and then, sadly, the death of sweet little Ewan Eliezer.

Seattle Children's Hospital provided excellent care as they always do.  The nurses and staff were smitten with Ewan and when I cam down to visit, I was very impressed by the loving care they gave towards all.  The tenderness, the compassion and the generosity.  Children's is a non-profit hospital running solely on donations from anyone who is willing to give.  It is my hope to give back to them what they have so selflessly gave to thousands, if not millions, of others in the Northwest.

Thank you in advance for your generosity and I hope you do enjoy the class package.  Click on the link/button above that will take you to the page with instructions.  Please let me know if you have questions.  Also... we have some AMAZING prizes to give away!  If you purchase the package during the month of November, you will automatically be entered to win one of these prizes:



One lucky winner will receive the FULL class from the very talented Kristina Proffitt and Crystal Wilkerson.  HUGE thanks to Kristina for offering up this prize.
Available to U.S. and International.

Wow!  Check out this amazing pack of GOODNESS!  The lovely Jen Gallacher has put together this awesome collection of scrapbooking heaven!  Yes... you could win ALL of it.
Available to U.S. residents only.


One super duper lucky winner will receive a $75 gift certificate to Janet Carr's fabulous digital shop!  Wowee!  Thank you Janet!

Last but not least.... Two Peas in a Bucket has so wonderfully offered up $50 in the latest and greatest product!  Yahoo!  Who wouldn't want some brand new goodies??


Thanks in advance all who will purchase this kit!  You are going to LOVE it and know that you are supporting a wonderful cause.

Hugs,
Melissa

1 comments:

  1. Are you TRYING to make me tear up here???? Sheesh lady! YOU are such a sweetheart. Thank you so much for this whole entire post.

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs