Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Favorite Things

I fell in love with a new blog this month.  Stacey featured These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things challenge blog this month in the Blog Bay column.  Love them!  Yall know I am trying to do more layouts of me and my world after years of only scrapping the kids.  These talented ladies create challenges about favorite things in our lives.  Sure I can do them about the kids, but I am challenging myself to do more about me.

The challenge featured in the mag was Favorite Shoes.  I just did a layout for All About Me's blog on my summer shoes, but I jumped in to do one about my faves.  I did not finish in time for prizes, but that is not really the essence of a challenge.  It is all about the inspiration--and I was inspired.  Here are my super hot shoes!


Supplies:  Paper: Crate Paper, Cardstock: Coredinations, Journal Spot: Jillibean Soup, Butterfly: Jenni Bowlen Studio, Alphabet: BasicGrey, Punch: Fiskars, Bling: Heidi Swapp, Other: tape, stitching.

Journaling: These are my absolute favorite shoes.  My mood picks up the moment I slide them on and I feel that I can tackle anything.  The black and white plaid with a bit of red are me--classic with a pop of color.  They elevate jeans and a white blouse to an outfit.  With a black skirt, the 4 inch heels give me miles of leg.  Every single time I wear them, I receive compliments. I cannot lie and claim they are comfortable, but I am willing to sacrifice for beauty.  Who wouldn't?

The current challenge is Favorite Toys.  I admit that I was tempted to do one of Zack's, Allie's, or even Wolfie's favorite toys, but I resisted and scrapped my fave--TIVO!  What did I do before Tivo?  I am so in love with this little toy that I ordered the new whole house Tivo service from Directv which will be installed right after the 4th of July.  Can't wait!


Supplies:  Paper: Crate Paper, Cardstock: Couture Cardstock, Tape: Prima Marketing, Ribbon, Flowers: Jillibean Soup, Alphabet: American Crafts, Sticker, Metal: Heidi Swapp, Font: Momlove, Other: pin.

Jounraling: What did I do before my best friend Tivo entered my life?  Children always seem to need to ask a question right at the best moment in a show.  No worries.  Tivo will rewind and pause while I go be Mommy. I can Tivo 2 shows while I watch a 3rd without worrying about VCR tapes running out or being taped over before I see them.  I count that as saving me time.  If that was not enough, my Tivo suggests shows he thinks I might like.  Often, he is right.  What a considerate friend!

I cannot wait to see what they come up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs