Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summertime Sketch

I took way more pictures than I had time to scrap this summer.  Now that I am getting back into the school grove, I actually have more time to scrap.  I know that the math does not seem to work out--back to work=more time, but it does.

I love using a sketch or challenge to jump start the mojo and this one from My Mind's Eye is the perfect combination of both.  The sketch is bold and fun and I always love working with MME products.  Yummy!



I used a few shots of Lauren with her favorite summertime buddy--new baby Rachel.  Even though these two of my nieces are not related with each other, they bonded instantly.  Rachel giggled and bubbled every time Lauren came within eyesight.


Best Baby Ever.  Supplies: Paper, Rub Ons: My Mind's Eye, Chipboard Alphabet: American Crafts, Other: stitching.  Journaling:  Lauren took one look at Rachel and fell in love.  She is such an easy baby, but for Lauren she just radiated joy.  They were inseparable at every event this summer.

I stayed pretty true to the exact sketch, shifting the main stip over just a smidge.  I also used a stitched block instead of a paper one.  I do so love stitching and I love letting the fabulous MME rubons decorate the square.  What a fun challenge to kick off my scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dora, that came out great!! I hope you win :)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs