Wednesday, May 5, 2010

8 days and counting . . .

I have the best jobs in the world.  Teacher, Mother, Scrapbooker--honestly, what could be better?

Ok, but now that we are being honest, each of these jobs offers a mixture of mountains and mosh pits.  Or as my darling Allie said yesterday--some days we make lemon squares out of the lemons. 

I absolutely love teaching, but I need to wrap up the semester.  Grading, final exams, explaining to some students that they will have to take the class again, racing to enter grades, and  final meetings for this and that all packed into 8 little days.  And then I can breathe in summer vacation.  Ahhhh.

I am heading into these last days feeling off balance.  Why?  Because I have not been able to scrap for over a week.  Not creating for awhile makes me itchy.  Off.  I get the same feeling if I do not have a todo list going.  I really am a mixture of organized brain meets creative brain.  Without a bit of each, I am just not quite right.

Between family events on the weekend and kid activities every single night, I am missing some of that free time.  I know it is all worth it, but I still feel like I forgot something.  That little niggling feeling, you know?

Since I do not have anything new to share, I am going to fall back on my ScrapStreet items from the April issue.  A few of my favorite pretties from earlier this winter.


Country Gals.  Supplies: Paper, Alphabet, Twine, Flowers:  Jillibean Soup, Stickers: My Little Shoebox, Buttons: BasicGrey, Markers: Copic, Font: Distressed Typewriter, Other: brushes created from clip art.
Journaling: We are not cowgirls.  We do not rope & ride.  We never say yee-haw.  We do not own boots.  We like to sleep late.  We are country gals.  We love the music and we make these hats look good! July 9, 2009.  Taylor Swift Fearless Tour.  Sidney (9), Lauren (12), Allie (9).  Country Thunder.


Two.  Supplies: Paper, Die Cuts, Chipboard, Rhinestones: Kaisercraft, Glitter: Sparkle N Sprinkle, Ink, Embossing Powder: Stampin’ Up!, Tools: Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts), Fonts: Kristin, Lucinda Handwriting, Franklin Gothic Heavy, Harrington, Cooper Black, Papyrus, Script MT Bold, Kartika, Freestyle Script, Arial Black, Impact, Magneto, Ravie, Gill Sans Ultra Bold.
Journaling: peas in a pod, compadres, pair, buddies, 2 of a kind, comrades, couple, dynamic duo, matched set, twosome, partners in crime, team combo, double trouble, birds of a feather.


Hello.  Supplies: Paper, Die Cuts, Rub-Ons, Rhinestones, Pearls: Kaisercraft, Cardstock: Jillibean Soup.


Playing Rain.  Digital Supplies: Rainy Play Kit by Dora Phillips for ScrapStreet.com, Font: Distressed Typewriter.
Journaling: Hey, Mom? Yes, Zack? (I look up from my lawn chair in the yard.) I want to play with my umbrella. Can you make rain? Sure, kiddo. (Up I go to set up the sprinkler just right.) Hey, Mom? Yes, Zack? Don't you want to get your camera? I look really cute. Sure, kiddo. (He is right. He does look adorable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs