Wednesday, March 3, 2010

a little luck

Today is freebie day on the ScrapStreet blog with a little word art to download. 

I love hybrid card making.  I confess to having a lovely carousel of traditional stamps.  I used to only buy words, so I could use them over and over on my cards.  Now, I am the exact opposite.  I buy the cutest little images--especially digital ones--and then type up and print out my words.  Every once in a while I spin the stamp carousel to keep the dust off, but sadly I rarely reach for a sentiment.  Hmmm maybe I should pull out a different one each week to use?

Today I started with the Luck word art and then purchased a Mo stamp that I have had my eye on for a bit.  I could not resist this darling girl.  Honestly, I am so in love with the artwork of Maurie J Manning.  Ok, and more than a bit jealous.  I would LOVE to draw like her!

And since I am having an absolute ball playing along with the Couture Cardstock challenges, I had to race over and see what to scrap today.  Color me thrilled!  Today is:  create a project with something you print yourself.  Look up and see the stars as they align.

Just to round out the inspiration, I popped by Mojo Monday for this week's sketch.  When I put everything together, I created this card:


and a closer look: 

  

Lucky Charm.  Supplies: Paper: My Little Shoebox, Digital Stamps: Mo's Digital Pencil, Dora's Lemonlove Creations, Pearls: Kaisercraft, Markers: Copic, Dies: (Spellbinders), Tool: Cuttlebug, Adhesive: Popdots.

I was so excited after scrapping this fun card that I finished a layout, too.  I still need to take pictures of it, though.  

Happy Wednesday!


3 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs