Wednesday, February 20, 2008

my photo studio

Making a photo studio has been on my todo list for quite some time. Reading this month's Scrapstreet mag (yes, I do read it too!) really had me eager to get to work. I was having some trouble finding the seamless photo paper anywhere close to me, so I sent a note to our photo dude, James, and he sent me to Dick Blick art supply.

Since I am not going to be doing large group shoots, a 4 ft wide by 50 ft long roll of paper would be just right for me. I headed over to the local store--only 15 min from my house and I had no clue they were there. I purchased 3 different rolls of Tru-Brite art paper: red, blue, and black for $21 each. Next stop was Home Depot for a thin piece of PVC pipe, 2 lengths of chain, and 2 hooks. Total: $9.

Zack and I took all of 15 minutes to hang our photo studio. Used the power drill to poke 2 holes in each end of the pipe and some needle nose pliers to close the chain on one end. I left the other end open so I can trade out the paper easily. Total cost if I chose only one color of paper would have been $30. Here is a glimpse:




And my first couple of shots of Zack:



Allie just got home from school and raced upstairs to change into something for her photo shoot. Excuse me! Gotta run!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool idea!! I need to find space just to hang stuff!! To make no mention of where they would sit!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Lucky you've got willing models!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cool...if I can talk dh into it...I will be getting one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok my turn! but will the dogs shred the paper first go? *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo here not A. Nonymous!!

    I got paper already hanging off the walls here...think that would do instead? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! You can also use sheets or blankets as a backdrop or fabric remnants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS YOUR BLOGGIN!!!
    YEAH!!!!
    wooohooo!!!

    *big big kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  8. zack! You are looking mighty fine!!!
    Tell mommy to go and take some awesome spiderman shots!

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs